Thursday, March 24, 2011

Healthier.Living- Spread the Word

Similar to most American's my 'New Years Resolution' was to be healthier overall.  This involved me joining two gyms and changing my eating habits and the food I choose to prepare.
As you have seen previously, I have posted recipes for cakes and cookies and yes- I have takin part in eating their yummy goodness, but I have done my best and have not over-indulged.

When I went shopping the other day I found the little mini bagels by Thomas's ( The english muffin brand), and they are 100 calorie bagels. Since I am slowly eliminating carbohydrates ( the bad carbs) from my daily diet, I figured these would allow me a smoother, guilt free transition.

They come in plain or whole wheat and are about $2.99 a bag. Not terrible at all!
What I did for breakfast yesterday morning was a twist on a breakfast sandwich I used to eat in college. Turkey-Egg and Cheese on a toasted bagel or whole wheat toast.

My creation was a less fattening and less messy version but just as satisfying!with a nice organic chocolate low fat milk on the side =D

Try it out for yourself!!

Step 1: Toast your 100 calorie mini-bagel.. Best idea is to put it in a toaster OVEN and not the actual toaster. You will never be able to get it out of a toaster- too tiny!

Step 2: In a hot -,no-stick skillet, cook up two organic/ or regular farm eggs( little pricier, but can be found at any grocery store). Cook them "Over-easy" by cooking to a golden crisp and flipping and cooking the other side for a 1 and a 1/2 to two minutes as well..If you like a cooked yolk- keep it on the skillet for about three minutes.. It will definitely be less messy! Season with a salt free "Mrs.Dash" or like me sodium free Garlic Powder and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.

Step 3: This step should be done while preparing your eggs on your skillet. Take a piece of swiss cheese and low fat turkey breast from the deli and place on your warm, toasted mini bagel. The cheese will slowly melt.

Step 4: Place the cooked eggs on ontop of each mini bagel. The turkey will get warm from the heat of the egg and the cheese will melt to perfection.

Under 200 calories and PURE heaven for breakfast!


I concluded that the "Shedding for the Wedding" diet of 600 calories a day was FAR too little calories for me.. I am not trying to shrivel and die and also am not being monitored by a doctor and nutritionist. I will stickto 1000-1200 calories since my trainer told me that is the ideal area to achieve the weight loss goal I have set.

Best advice: Speak to a personal trainer and a nutritionist before deciding to dramatically alter your eating and lifestyle change/diet habits. It really is for your own safety!

Watch out for more posts on my healthy-weight loss- progress! #WINNING!! haha
______________________________________________

Healthy SkinCare for your Winter Recovery & Spring Prep!

I know I am not the only one out there with EXTREMELY tempermental skin! I break out if my moisturizer has even the slightest hint of oil in it! No dewey look for me! My skin does it all by itself with the right moisturizer!


Garnier: Moisture Rescue ( $7.99 or under)

Voted Best of Beauty by Allure (2010)


























This moisturizer has been my life saver after the dry winter months and cold weather! With the vitamin E, Grape Water Extracts and Apple Water Extracts, this product has a light fresh scent and is water based and won't clog your pores! For people with normal to combination skin I would recomment the LightWeight UV-Lotion with SPF15 and for those with dry skin- the Refreshing Gel-Cream!

At $7.99 for 4.5oz! The bottle is HUGE and because it is water based and not greasy- you only need about a penny-size worth of lotion for your face and neck! Check it out!  I am not the only one who can vouch for this product!

Read some reviews here:


__________________________________

Fresh Make-up Looks and Products for Spring 2011!
Products available here for purchase: Tiffany's mark. Online Store! Shop Online!!!

Check out the adorable Nailed-It polish collection by mark.! This is a set of two and perfect for an at-home Mani/Pedi and can fit nicely in a purse or clutch for your weekend touch ups! ($7 for set of 2)
Loving Fushia-istic!! These shades of pink can brighten even the rainiest days!

PLUS!!!!!!
the IT-Kit!( $20) Includes eye-shadows and blush and then flips to reveal a full pallette of marks. best, silky(non-sticky) lipgloss!

This kit is just as awesome as the Super Flip Kit that I adore!
With all of your necessities in one compact: this is the perfect kit for all women!


To check out the full mark. Magalog-3: Click here!


Please Do NOT Hesitate to tell your friends about these great products! Always count on my blog for up-to-date gossip, health and skincare advice and of course my critiques of all of the above:)

Loves<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...