Monday, March 28, 2011

Red-Hot Monday!

Typically I hate Mondays. Prepping my lunch the night before reminds me that I have to wake up early the next day. It seems like no matter how much I work out and how early I go to sleep- I rarely feel rested on Mondays. However, today felt a bit different.

Taking my Monday by storm was my home-made Southwestern Fiesta salad! I had made a grilled chicken and whole wheat pasta dish for dinner a few days ago and had some chicken I wanted to use before it went bad.
This was the PERFECT use!

 My tastebuds are dancing and I am loving every minute of this salad. Check it out and try it out at home..

1. Head of Lettuce ( commonly seen in wedge salads)
2. Fresh Gourmet Tortilla Strips- Sante Fe Style ( 30 Calories per 2 tbsp)
3. Goya: Black Beans
4. Grilled Perdue "Fit and Easy" think chicken breast
5. Chipotle-Honey Vinagrette dressing ( recipe to follow!)
6. Weight Watchers Double Cheddar shredded cheese.( 2 pts per 2 tbsp)


Cut the head of lettuce in half or into quarters..Depends on how hungry you are. I prepared mine with a little more then a quarter of the lettuce.

Grill your chicken breast and season lightly with garlic powder and a bit of chili powder if you like the extra heat.
Cracked/crushed red pepper is very good also!

Drain your black beans, rinse and dry with paper towels..
You can opt to add a mild, sweet tomato salsa or corn salsa if you want a more 'sweet flavor'.

Once you have added your beans and chicken, sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp of the Weight Watchers Double Cheddar shredded cheese ontop of the salad.

Top if off with the Sante Fe tortilla strips and drizzle over everything with the Chipotle-Honey Vinagrette!
CHIPOTLE HONEY VINAGRETTE
1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
1/3 Cup honey
1 Tablespoon adobo
2 Tablespoons kosher salt
1 Teaspoon pepper ( or to taste~ some people aren't pepper fans)
1 Tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
1-1/2 Cups olive oil.


If you cant find the Sante Fe tortilla strips- try the chili and cheese frito chips. They should work just as well.

_____________________________________________________
 
 
Savings.Savings.Savings
at my mark. EBoutique!!
 
Make sure you and your friends check out the "Last Chance" section of my mark. Store! There are some great deals that let you save 44% on select items if you shop now!!
Baulbles & Chains Necklace. Originally Priced at $18.00, Now $9.99!
My Favorite of ALL Favorites: the mark. SuperFlip Color Kit! [ orginially $20.00 ] is on sale for $12.99! How can you beat that price! To see some of the looks I created with this kit, check out my makeup- blogs

And for all of you GOING with the GREEN theme- Check out mark. Earth Body Butter! Orginially priced at $12.00, now $3.99!
 
______________________________________
 
Remember to sign up at my mark. EBoutique today for all sorts of great deals!
 
Love<3
TmD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...