Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yummy Time: Cookie Crumble: Oatmeal Scotchies!

Every Christmas I always look forward to the different variation of cookies and desserts that everyone is going to make. From Chocolate Mint cookies and Gingerbread Men to my ULTIMATE favorite: Oatmeal Scotchies!  

Thinking about these cookies alone makes me drool! This cookie is the epitome of delish! Creamy butterscotch with the texture of the oatmeal grains! ::YUM!!!!!!!::

I definitely think I am going to attempt making these bad boys on my own this year.. I won't be home in Ohio for the holidays. Rather- I will be a bit outside of NYC with the bf and his family. Hopefully these will be impressive. I hate when someone invests time into a dish and noone eats it!


Here is my favorite ::soon to be attempted: Nestle TollHouse Recipe for Oatmeal Scotchies cookies! I will absolutely be positing pictures when I make these. It should be interesting to see if they turn out!
                                    :: If you are looking for a "healthy" cookie.....Walk away now....Haha!::


Credits to VeryBestBaking.Com for the Recipe :)




Prep Time:
10 mins
Cooking Time:
7 mins ( to max of 10 minutes)
Cooling Time:
15 mins

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda


1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Directions:
*PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
*COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
      *BAKE for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely(about ten minutes).
               
                         WISH ME LUCK:)
                                             
                                                                               **Pictures to come 12/28/2011**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...