Monday, January 09, 2012

Yummy Time: Here is to a Red Velvetty 2012!

That title alone, how can you go wrong....?

This New Years Eve I got to hang out with my family and my younger brothers from Ohio. It was fun! We made nachos and had pizza and stuffed ourselves with these Red Velvet & Cream Cheese cupcakes. 

This was my first time making Red Velvet cupcakes( I totally cheated and used the Betty Crocker mix that was on sale at the grocery store: don't judge:), but I was working with a brand new conventional oven that I got for Christmas.

The recipe calls for Vegetable Oil- but have no fear- you can substitute with Canola (that's what I had to do- Whoops!) and it actually resulted in a much more moist cupcake and wasn't greasy at all!

and I figured with the theme of NEW YEARS EVE and sparkles- I would start with silver and white cupcake foils (Reynolds Wrap style!) decorate my Red Velvet cupcakes with the traditional Cream Cheese frosting and design with Blue Icing!
They came out a little bit too- *Independence Day*- but tasted yummy all the same!



Next time I will try making these from scratch ( without burdening my family and bullying them into being the taste testers)...haha!

Wish me Luck and a Happy (Belated) New Year to ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...