Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pinterest Picks...

Being in a new apartment, I have had alot of time to browse one of my favorite websites for great ideas. Several of these ideas, I have begun ( but not finished) implementing into my new place.

I love photos and have a zillion and one photo frames. One of my favorite things to look at on Pinterest are ideas of how to hang frames, colored frame combinations and cute ways of accentuating the key items in your apartment/home.

Ideas 1: Photo Frame Collages!


My beginning interpretation[thus far]: 



Once I have the opportunity to have more photos printed and get my hands on an assortment of new black frames, I hope to complete my frame collage by continuing assorted sized frames up and around the center frame.


Another aspect missing from my apartment is plant life. Because I have cats/dogs, I find it very hard to keep plants(intact) in my apartment. It is also a little more difficult because with nosey cats- they tend to eat plants & I have to do extensive research on the plant to ensure they are not poisonous to cats... Therefore, right now- I have opted out of having any greenery in my new apartment.










I recently saw some silk flowers that were animal print & match the Zebra throw blanket I have in my bedroom.




 I did a little shopping trip and found an inexpensive version of the silk zebra print flowers for a vase I had filled with white lights & diamond shaped decorative gems...






I have also been working on finalizing a color scheme for my living room.
I have a nice futon couch from my first apartment that I purchased a new cover for. It is a blue/gray color. Fortunately it came with two matching end pillows. I lucked out when I selected this scheme too because I was able to make blue, gray & white floral silk curtains from some vintage floral fabric I had been holding on to for quite some time. 


I have to decide whether I should make my own pillow covers that will match my color scheme or if I should purchase any of the below ::SUPER CUTE:: pillow sets!





So many choices...... I will keep everyone updated as things come together =]

<3 font="" tmd="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...