Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yummy Time: Banana-Oatmeal-Bread

This week has been absolutely insane to say the least. I have been swamped at work, donated blood[oh yeah!]and have been doubling up on gym classes in prep for my cousins wedding & our family vay-cay! [August 15th I cannot wait for your arrival!]

To ease my anxiety, I like to look for new & healthy receipes for my friends & I to enjoy.

Recently, I was sitting at home and realized I had some slighty-over-ripe bananas!
I live on a budget and refuse to toss anything that can still be used!

Turns out, those three[over-ripe] bananas are EXACTLY what my Banana-Oat Bread[Weight Watchers] Recipe called for!

Your Ingredients should include:
All Purpose Flour[ 1 and 1/4 Cup]
Brown Sugar[ 1/2 Cup]
Salt[ 1/2 Tsp -Table Salt is fine]
Baking Powder[ 1/4 tsp]
Baking Soda [1/2 tsp]
Canola Oil [ 3 tsp]
3 Lrg Eggs[ 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites]
3 RIPE Bananas
Uncooked Old Fashioned Oats[ 1 Cup]
Servings: 10
Points +: 5

Now I used a small loaf pan & this recipe resulted in two Banana- Oatmeal Bread loaves.
It cut into 18-20 pieces so this [per my opinion] is about 3 points per serving as opposed to 5 points for a larger slice.

**Additional Note: The WW recipe uses a larger pan to make a loaf that cuts into 10 equally sized servings. Their recipe calls for a 40-45 minute cooking time/ or until top of loaf is firm.


I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. I cannot take credit for it since I got it from Weight Watchers, but it definitely a good one to share with your family!

Enjoy<3

TmD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...