Monday, April 29, 2013

B.a.N.A.n.A's... Pancake Style!

Once again I find myself posting a banana themed recipe. I honestly believe I am obsessed with this fruit and have come to accept it!

This weekend, while cleaning my apartment and watching endless Food Network shows- Diners, Drive-ins and Dives to be specific- I got a bit hungry.
Into my kitchen I went and decided that since I never opt to get the banana themed pancakes at any of the IHOP, Pancake Houses or diners- I would try it out on my own and be a bit more specific with my recipe.

Using a complete pancake mix [just add water type] some cinnamon, a whole banana and a splash of Aunt Jemima Butter LIGHT syrup, I discovered my new breakfast FAVORITE!

Start with getting all of your ingredients together....What you will need:
1 Large Banana
1/3 cup of Complete Pancake/ Waffle Mix
1 Small- Medium Mixing Bowl
1 Tsp Cinnamon (ground - NOT sticks )
1/4 cup of water (I use luke warm temp.)
Smart Balance (or any type) Cooking Spray
1 Tsp of Aunt Jemima Butter Light Syrup (100 Cals per 1/4 cup)
and your best cooking pan=]
- Combine 1/3 cup of Complete Pancake mix into your mixing bowl with 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Add 1/4 of water to your dry ingredients and mix until lumps are nearly gone. The additional moisture from the bananas will alleviate the need for any extra liquid.
- Cut your banana into 1/2 inch pieces and add to your pancake mixture:
- Once your bananas are mixed into your pancake mix, the mixture will appear relatively thick- this is fine:)
- Heat up your pan on low- low/medium heat.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and dollup three - four pancakes into the pan. For the 1/3 cup of dry mix and water combo, you should be able to make three 4 inch pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Once golden, remove and place on plates.

Now I LOVE syrup and being on weight watchers, I found this Butter Lite syrup by the Aunt Jemima brand that I whole heartedly love. Not only is it only 100 calories for 1/4 cup (which for me is WAY too much syrup for two pancakes), but it doesn't lack in that gooey - sweet- syrupy flavor!

Because the bananas are so warm and creamy in my - now cooked- pancakes, I chose to only use a teaspoon of the Butter Lite syrup. You can use the 1/4 cup or anywhere up to that measurement and stay under your 100 calorie mark!
My boyfriend loved them and he is one of the pickiest eaters I know.... So long as the person doesn't have anything against banana's and LOVES pancakes.....You should 100% try this recipe at home. Next time I think I will make my own Strawberry compote..... That would be amazing in place of the syrup =]

Good luck folks! Enjoy them as much as I did/do!!=]
#foodiesunite
TMD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...