Monday, April 22, 2013

..Earth.Day-The Tiffany Way.

So today is EARTH DaY*......

What is everyone else doing to help our planet today?? Turning everything off for atleast a full hour I hope??

Wearing recycled materials, recycling when you normally wouldn't, saving energy by not blow-drying and flat ironing your hair???


I shut down all of the power in my apartment so that nothing is plugged in and running on electricity, left my hair curly and used a little less gasoline..NO POLLUTION for me!... Then again, I guess every-day at my house is earth day, because this is a daily routine!I drive my Orange Prius C everyday (not for the sole purpose of saving the environment, but definitely 100% for the purpose of saving what little I have in my wallet!) I love my 50-60MPG car.. Saves my life sometimes...ha!


Okay, so anyways- in addition to commenting on how every-day should be environmentally friendly, I opted to get a little earthy with my nail polish. ::That's the spirit!::

I brought out my slate gray and lime green polish duo and here are the results::



Two Coats of my OPI 'French Quarter for Your Thoughts' [Gray] and a simple touch of my Sinful Colors 'Me First'[Lime Green], made for my perfect, cutem, earthy mani!



My favorite OWL Ring*Absolutely love!
I never thought I would love a gray nail polish, but OPI won me over with this one. I think if the gray were matte finish, I wouldn't love it as much... I would feel like I had gray[white]-out on my nails...

In addition, I found this cool article with 5 Fun Facts about EARTH DAY...Check it out @ FoxNews!  Here is one fact I found interesting.....

"There are actually two Earth Days — the April 22 holiday and the one celebrated on March 20, the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and the autumnal equinox in southern latitudes. To this day, at the exact moment of the equinox, when the sun crosses the plane of the equator and day and night are equal length, the Japanese Peace Bell is rung at the United Nations headquarters in New York City, followed by two minutes of silent prayer or meditation. The Equinox was chosen as a symbol of harmony in nature and an appropriate time to dedicate efforts to peace and care of the Earth."

Now if only we could have a world filled with harmony, we would be golden! "To Achieve a Great Goal....One must begin with a small achievement"....


TmD*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...