Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Memorial[Day] Weekend Madness

Memorial [Day] weekend!

Hellooooo **::Summer::** Kick-Off!!!

I started it off by going to the Huntington fair with my friends! Reminded me of " Old Fashioned Days" in my hometown, only it was much smaller... We went on this ride " Gravitron" and I was so sure I was going to be sick after spinning round and round and round.. I closed my eyes 3/4 of the time, but still felt dizzy when I finally stood up. It was....need.I.Say... interesting.
____________________________________________________

 
Friday, we had a short work day and I actually went straight from work to KMart to pick up this book Crescendo which is the Second in a series of 3 books by Becca Fitzpatrick. The first book Hush Hush was too cute! Similar to the Twilight saga about forbidden love and other-worldly beings...This is about a fallen angel and a girl with a mysterious past -and unbeknownst to her- a mythical bloodline. My typical "soap opera" fairytale...

 I can't get enough!
_______________________________________________________________
Anywho...
Saturday, I went to the airshow for the first time at Jones Beach.. I got a SERIOUS sunburn but had a lot of fun! The para-shoot jumper guys jumped into the ocean and swam up shore. We got to meet and take photos with them which was so awesome! Great guys, saving lives;)



It was definitely an awesome experience and I am absolutely going again next year! If you are near Jones Beach--my recommendation is to check it out!
              __________________________________________________




Sunday I decided I would make a cake and do my nails so that my sunburn and I could recover. haha! Yeah Riiight*
I decided to make a marble cake with cream cheese (Miss Betty Crocker) frosting!

Marble[Layer] Cake Recipe

2 sticks butter (8 ounces)       2 cups sugar

1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla              4 eggs

2 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour       6 tablespoons cornstarch

1 tablespoon baking powder                ½ teaspoon salt            1 cup milk

3 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped 
(I USED HOT CHOCOLATE MIX lol)

Follow these directions to a "T"

1. Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar at high speed until lighter in color and fluffy.


2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition

3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt on to a piece of parchment.


4. Mix the milk and vanilla together.

5. Add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients alternately to the batter, ending with the dry ingredients.


6. Divide the batter evenly into two bowls and mix the melted, choped chocolate into one.
7. Spoon vanilla then chocolate batter into the prepared pan, alternating the colors all around the pan.  ( Or if you opt to use cocoa like I did - sift some over the top of the cake batter evenly)

 
8.Use a knife to gently swirl the two colors of batter together to get the marbelized effect. Don't over do it!

 
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes.  I checked on mine every ten minutes to see how it set.

10.cool the cake in the pan for about 15 minutes then turn out of the pan on to a wire rack to cool completely.

        ___________________________________________________________________________________


:: TIP:: I found it helpful to flip the pan and tap at it with my spatula. This helped to loosen the bottom of the cake from the pan for easier separation. ::


Once the cake is cool to the touch, frost and slice!


Take the easy route and pick up a box of Betty Crocker Marble- Cake Mix! Saves a lot of time!


 


Now-- I've seen all these advertisements for the new Crackle/Shatter nailpolish by OPI and China Glaze so I had to test it out... Needless to say, I love it!
 
Using my SUPER SHINE Top Coat by Sally Hansen, Black Shatter Nail Polish by China Glaze and my Top Speed [Quick-Dry]Polish by Revlon in Lilac~ I couldn't stop staring at my nails.  The girl at the PetStore even complimented them..
 
 
Still have to get used to the technique of applying the shatter polish, but I think it came out pretty nicely for my first time:)
Yay me!

               _________________________________________________
               
To match my nails- I used my i.Mark Shadow selections in Glitterati, Fairy Dust and Plum Velvet[my favorite shade!)
 


Using mark. Get in Line Hookup Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner, I lined from the inner to outtermost point of my eye lid coming to a small point at the end. This allows for a more almond- look to the eye and also blends nicely with my lashes.
 
and with the weather being so ridiculously warm lately, I decided to wear my mark. It's a Long Story dress..
 
My friend, also a mark. rep, said that this dress looks good on anyone and I was skeptical.. Then I bought it and realized she was COMPLETELY right!
 
You can find all of these mark. Products at my eBoutique...

Hurry Now while the summer pickins are still hot!!
 
 
 
Happy Shopping<3
TmD
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...