Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Polish Perfection: White On! Wednesday!

So I started this morning off with my cat running outside and me chasing  looking for him around the neighborhood... So I am definitely in an "iffy" mood.

On a positive note, my nails look awesome! I went to the store last night and got some new polishes because I love to do nail art.. I tend to stick to similar designs because I am still learning more techniques, but it is so much fun regardless.

Using my Sally Hansen- XTreme Hard as Nails in White On, Sinful Colors Nail Art polishes in Sunny Day and Me First and also Matte Elite Nail Art polish in Silver[purchased at Ricky's Beauty Supply]. I finished my nails with Revlon Super Speed Dry Clear Top Coat.





To Get This Look:

1.) Apply one coat of Sally Hansen XTreme Hard As Nails in White On
2.) Once dried, apply an additional ::light:: coat of White On
3.) Once White On is completely dry, begin with your colors. I chose to start with Sunny Day ::Pink Shade of Sinful Colors Nail Art Polish:: Begin from the cuticle or outter edge of the nail and sweep the brush in one stroke in a swirled motion. This will allow the tip of the line to be thin and curled.
4.) Repeat this sweeping method with Me First by Sinful Colors and then Silver by Matte Elite.
5.) Apply a second stroke of Me First::Yellow:: to deepen your color.
It goes on VERY light
6.) Once polish design is dry, finish with Revlon's Super Speed Dry top coat.

Tip::  test whether your nails are dry by running water over one fingernail-- if the water beads off, you are essentially dry. If it bubbles, but does not bead off- let them dry further)
_____________________________

I highly recommend a manicure corrector pen [Sally Hansen or any other brand that can be found a CVS/Walgreens/Sally's Beauty Supply/Ricky's, etc.]

I didn't have any left but am picking one up after work today...

If you dont want to spend the $6-7 on one, use a cotton swab soaked with polish remover, or the corner of a paper towel[also soaked with polish remover].


Happy Nail Polishing!

Eyelash Kisses<33


TmD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...